A passionate and experienced Technical Lead in Render Operations with a robust background in procedural art, visual storytelling, and computer science. Currently spearheading backend design initiatives at Ingenuity Studios Inc., overseeing pipeline overhaul, managing a team of Wranglers, and facilitating the successful delivery of 50+ projects. Proven expertise in creating effective tools to resolve technical issues and streamline operations. Prior professional experiences include serving as a Technical Director at Texas A&M University, where I produced an animation using Unreal Engine for an international event. Holds certifications in Procedural Modeling and VEX in Houdini from the CG Master Academy. I bring forth a diverse skill set including Houdini, Nuke, Autodesk Shotgun, Thinkbox Deadline, Unreal Engine, Unity, and Python, coupled with strong team management and communication skills.
Ingenuity Studios Inc. • 11/2021 - Present
Technical Lead - Render Operations
- Played an essential role in backend design for the creation/overhaul of our pipeline, in collaboration with our Development Team.
- Hired, trained, and managed a team of Wranglers to provide better support to the studio.
- Facilitated the priorities of over 50+ teams and projects to ensure transparency and accurate delivery times to clients.
- Directed and implemented improvements to Deadline, Amazon Thinkbox's render management solution, and its communication with Shotgrid and our pipeline.
- Led team-learning sessions to cultivate the technical growth of our new department.
Technical Artist - Render Farm
- Created a suite of tools to quickly resolve farm-wide issues, save artists' time by automating essential processes, and optimize the output of the farm.
- Established the role and duties of Render Wrangler at a rapidly-growing studio and pioneered efforts to document common issues both on and off the farm.
- Honed troubleshooting skills to assist the Support and Dev Teams solve DCC and pipeline issues troubling artists.
Texas A&M University • 01/2021 - 05/2021
Technical Director - Unreal Engine
- Created an animation using Unreal Engine for the 2022 Rotary International Convention.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Helped students learn PyMEL through help sessions where I assist in their weekly challenges.
Learning Interactive Visualization Experience (LIVE) Lab • 10/2020 - 02/2021
Visual Effects Artist
- Created a destruction sim and composite for TAMU Health's Disaster Day, the nation's largest student-led interprofessional emergency response simulation.
Masters of Design (Study Abroad) in Procedural Art and Visual Storytelling Victoria University of Wellington • 01/2020 - 08/2020 Had the opportunity to learn from the brilliant minds of Weta Digital for my study abroad.
Master of Visualization (Unfinished) in Arts, Entertainment, and Media Management Texas A&M University • 09/2020 - 05/2021 Left early to pursue a career.
Minor in Computer Science Texas A&M University • 01/2016 - 01/2020
Bachelor of Science - BS in Visualization Texas A&M University
Procedural Modeling for Production in Houdini CG Master Academy - Sean McEwan • 10/2021 - 11/2021
VEX in Houdini CG Master Academy - Johannes Richter • 10/2021 - 12/2021
Houdini, Nuke, Autodesk Shotgun, Thinkbox Deadline, Unreal Engine, Team Management, Unity, Communication, C#, Visual Studio, Python